Aircon Shenanigans

So the Discovery hasn’t had working Aircon for as long as I’ve owned it, and 2 years ago I finally got round to buying the pipes, but as for fitting them… well, that didn’t happen. So I decided to crack on and sort it finally!

2014-07-20 19.39.54 (Large)

I had to strip the whole front end off the vehicle, as you can see, the red trolley was full of parts! This is the pipe that went;

2014-07-23 21.09.08 (Medium)

It rusts where the P-Clip is, as around this a block of foam is stuffed in the gap. I also renewed the dryer, and the rear pipe to the pump, as this had worn where it rubbed against other pipes.

Whilst stripping it down, I found my turbo > intercooler pipe was badly corroded, and the wastegate modulator was hanging off the block with both brackets snapped.

2014-07-23 19.35.29 (Medium)

Upon researching the cost of new pipes, it would appear they are made of unobtanium as they are over £100 new from LR! Thankfully, Alive Tuning do a replacement, Stainless Steel pipe, at a very reasonable £45+vat.

2014-07-23 19.35.24 (Large)

Shiny! I then discovered that the rear Oil Cooler Coolant hose was badly cracked and leaking water. £1.30 later, a new hose and £20’s worth of coolant, and it was back in action!

2014-07-20 19.40.26 (Medium)

And here she is, Alive again!

Posted in Landie


Leave a Reply


Powered by WordPress. Designed by Försäkra Online.